Nature bookmarks! 🍂

 

These bookmarks are so much fun to make and are so simple. A great craft for all ages!
Start by taking a walk in your neighborhood, or searching around your yard for leaves and flowers. 


I found some pretty leaves, ferns, lantana and more!
Make sure your finds are all dry before you press them, that way the don't mold. 
Get a heavy book and line it with parchment paper. Enough to cover the page of the book you are using and the flowers and leaves. When that's done, press the book together and wait a week or two.
After your flowers have been pressed, get some paper (preferably cardstock or watercolor.) I found this super cute stack of different colored cardstock!
Arrange your flowers and leaves to your liking. Draw, write of leave it blank. If you have leaves that are either to big to fit on your bookmark or you wish to have no paper behind your leaves, you can laminate or tape it by itself! It makes a really cute bookmark or suncatcher! 
Now time to laminate it! Note: If you don't have a laminator, I like use packing tape. It is a little harder to seal, but looks about the same.

They came out looking real good! You might need to run them through a few times to get the air bubbles out. 
And heres how they turned out! I think they look real pretty, I might even use some if them for suncatchers!

If you try it let me know how they turn out!
Thanks for reading! 












Comments

  1. Cool! I've actually wanted to make these for a long while. (This is Janellebelovedpig from KP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks fun! I just got some flowers from my dad for my birthday and might use these! This is @Savannah_Grace2009 from KP :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this, it was super fun! ~Sara from KP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts